Smart city discovers and polishes their concepts until they attain the desired outcome. The entire concept of the smart cities is to be implemented with a dream to improve the quality of life. This improvement involves the technological reforms, institutional engagements or managerial transformation and engrossment of citizens. Ranging from Entrepreneurship to Hospitality and Engineering to Policy. We reform research. Smart City initiative propounds everything to get started on the path to a fresh career dream propound everything to get started on the path to a fresh career dream.
Smart cities are an engine for job creation and economic growth. The Republic of India is on the trail of enterprise measures to boost development. Creating jobs and incomes is crucial for development. Smart City initiative’s innovations contribute to economic growth and employment and promote contribute to obtaining Sustainable development.
The contribution of Smart cities, to India’s GDP, will only increase. The cities accounted for 58% of the national GDP in 2008. Which is predicted to travel up to 70% by 2030. The primary purpose of promoting & developing smart cities is to enable people to be more efficient and globally competitive. The need of the hour is to acquire deep insight into the character of the city and identify core economic potential that may be increased with the help of technology and advancement in urban infrastructure.
Problem: Many startups have been quick to jump into city issues
- Good health and well being
- quality of education
- Gender equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Ecosystem for entrepreneur and industry
- Reduced inequalities in every aspect
- Irresponsible behavior of consumption
The state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions. Poverty is said to exist when people lack the means to satisfy their basic needs.
Causes of Poverty:
- The Heavy pressure of population
- Capital deficiency
- Lack of skilled labor
- Lack of Infrastructure
The identification of poor folk’s initial needs a determination of what constitutes basic desires. These could also as narrowly as “those necessary for survival” or as broadly as “those reflective the prevailing standard of living within the community.” The first criterion would cowl solely those people who close the borderline of starvation or death from exposure; the second would reach people whose nutrition, housing, and clothing, though adequate up to preserve life. They do not measure up to those of the population as a whole.
1. Control of population:
The population has been increasing rapidly. we can apply to a new scheme to birth only two children.
2.Increase in employment:
Special measures should be taken to solve the problems of unemployment and disguised unemployment. Agriculture should be developed. Small scale and cottage industries should be developed in rural areas to generate employment
3. Increase in the productivity of the Poor:
To remove poverty, it is necessary to increase the productivity of the poor. The poor should give more employment. Additional investment should made in public and private sectors to come up with employment.
4. Development of agriculture:
Agriculture should develop to remove poverty. The rapid rate of growth of agriculture production will help to remove urban as well as rural poverty. Agriculture should be mechanized and modernized. Marginal farmers should give financial assistance.
5. Fulfillment of the minimum needs of the Poor:
We should take steps to meet the minimum needs of the poor. e.g., the supply of drinking water and the provision of primary health centers and primary education.
Due to poverty, poor people do not eat food. So we do not waste food. Food is necessary for everyone to live a life. Not all people eat food daily because of poverty. Therefore, the smart city has made when all people are living standard is not below poverty.
The solution is we have a tendency to take food as you would like to try and do not waste food. We have further food then contribute or gift food for the poor of us. we are able to be part of to organization to the aim of facilitate to others as you provide to them.
3.Good health and well-being:
Well-being is the expertise of health, happiness, and prosperity. It includes having a smart mental state, high life satisfaction, and a way of that means or purpose.
Well-being is some things sought -after just concerning everybody as a result of it includes such a lot of positive things. It feeling happy, healthy, socially connected, and purposeful. Unfortunately, well-being appears to be in decline, at least in the U.S. And increasing your well-being may be robust while not knowing what to try and do and the way to try and do it.
Due to lack of hospital or the ability, Most of the person isn’t check up to doctors.
We can establish a new hospital Where well and good doctors are available. well, and a good doctor provides treatment for people. We can provide free medicine because everyone can’t take high price medicine.
4. Quality of education:
3 measures can enable the right ecosystem needed for imparting quality education
1. Maintained infrastructure:
A clean, spacious school building having basic facilities including:
- Spacious classrooms with requisite furniture, boards, electrical fittings like lights and fans
- Clean and hygienic toilets
- Accessible drinking water
- Activity and play areas
- Laboratories with requisite instruments and equipment
- Computers for students to learn and experiment with Having a good school building with spacious classrooms is not enough; it must maintain so that students find it to be an inviting environment to which they look forward to coming every day to learn.
2. Quality of teaching and teachers:
- Teachers are key to ensuring that students get the requisite lessons that keep their minds ignited for seeking knowledge.
Students’ likes and dislikes for attending classes, or interests in a subject, can link to their teacher and his/her quality of teaching. The challenge of improving the quality of teaching by training teachers and supporting them with modern teaching aids, tools, and methodologies – like smart classrooms and digital course content — needs to take up so that teachers take pride in their jobs.
- This will also encourage more people to take up teaching as a vocation, thus assisting in solving the vacancy of seat issue.
3. Extra-curricular activities:
- Extra-curricular activities are also a key component in sustaining a youngster’s interest at school
Schools should have requisite sporting facilities and avenues for cultural events, which together contribute to building a student’s life skills and personality.
- Initiatives like Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan launched in 2001, do seek to address the issue of school infrastructure, teacher quality, and training, filling vacancies, but even today, there is a long way to go.
- As economic conditions improve, aspirations for a better future increase, families who have affordability power prefer to register their children in private schools — in hope for a better learning outcome.
- We will need to urgently transform our education system to meet the aspirational needs of the new generation, which will ensure that India’s demographic dividend continues to remain its asset.
- We will also need to ensure that a proper learning ecosystem is available across the length and breadth of the country for desired learning outcomes to achieved.
- Only investing in education institutional premises is not enough, these will become centers of learning only if the students and teachers connect, and interest in teaching and learning is enhanced using appropriate pedagogy.
- There is an additional need to have monitoring procedures and processes in our schools so that learning outcomes are regularly assessed and remedial measures can be taken in a timely manner to address shortcomings
5. Gender equality:
Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world. Unfortunately, at the current time, 1 in 5 women and girls between the ages of 15-49 have reported experiencing physical or sexual violence by an intimate partner within a 12-month period and 49 countries currently have no laws protecting women from domestic violence. Progress is going on relating to harmful practices like kid wedding.
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls:
Providing women and girls with equal access to education, health care, decent work, and illustration in political and economic decision-making processes will fuel sustainable economies and profit societies and humanity at large. Implementing new legal frameworks about female equality within the geographic point and of harmful practices targeted at women is crucial to ending the gender-based discrimination current in serval countries around the world.
6.Clean water and sanitation:
One in three people lives without sanitation. This is causing unnecessary disease and death.
1.Safe and Affordable Drinking Water:
We provide affordable equipment and education in hygiene practices. We will stop this senseless suffering. Though large strides we are created with access to scrub drinks. Lack of sanitation is undermining these advances.
2. Improve Water Quality, Wastewater Treatment, And Safe Reuse:
We can improve water quality by reducing pollution, eliminating dumping and minimizing the release of hazardous chemicals and materials, halving the proportion of untreated wastewater and substantially increasing recycling and safe reuse globally.
3.Increase Water-Use Efficiency And Ensure Freshwater Supplies:
Substantially increase water-use efficiency across all sectors and ensure sustainable withdrawals and supply of freshwater to address water scarcity and substantially reduce the number of people suffering from water scarcity.
4.Protect And Restore Water-Related Ecosystems:
Protect and restore water-related ecosystems, including mountains, forests, wetlands, rivers, aquifers, and lakes.
7.Affordable and clean energy:
Between 2000 and 2016, the number of people with electricity increased from 78 to 87 percent, and the numbers without electricity dipped to just below one billion.
Yet as the population is continuing to grow. So, They will the demand for cheap energy, and an economy reliant on fossil fuels. It is creating drastic changes to our climate.
Investing in solar, wind and thermal power, improving energy productivity, and ensuring energy for all is vital if we are to achieve SDG 7 by 2030.
Expanding infrastructure and upgrading technology to provide clean and more efficient energy in all countries. We will encourage growth and help the environment.
8. Ecosystem for entrepreneur and industry:
Now we can’t make the new technology. We depend on other countries. After skill development program changes and we can learn and make the new technology in India.
The government can take provide a money loan to make and establish the business in our city and they provide jobs for other people. Therefore, the economic process will increase.
A positive impact of the smart city and digital Bharat project is job creation. The Smart Cities initiative converged with cities. It permits them to become living labs for hardware, software and concrete services developed.
IT professionals are in larger demand for the smart city. This is the backbone of any smart city. Knowledge analytics, programming, high-end consulting, system and network integration are the order of the day and professionals and students during this space. We will expect higher opportunities. Smart Cities can produce tons of jobs in IT, telecom and the technology-driven services sector. Alternative domains that this initiative can explore embrace business administration in real estate & urban infrastructure, infrastructure management, construction project management, construction economics & quantity, and facility management to call a number of.
9. Reduced inequalities in every aspect:
The distinction between wealthy and poor, used and unemployed area unit terribly high. This is often a serious drawback of any town or state or smart city.
Co-education: we will offer co-education for each. So there’s no distinction in education. Therefore, We will scale black inequalities.
10.Irresponsible behavior of consumption:
Everyone can think as you need to fulfill our needs. We do not control of wastage. Therefore, resources are limited. At one time we can struggle for everything. So we can save resources. Do not waste.
We can’t wastage of water and then on. You’ll be able to place confidence in others as a result of Associate in Nursing sundry or one and all. We can take an equal would like for resources.
As we know everyday pollution level increases. It is harmful to breathe polluted oxygen for all. So, we take a solution to this problem. We reduce the pollution level. There are different kinds of pollution such as air pollution, sound pollution, water pollution and so on.so everyone can contribute to reducing pollution.
Control of pollution:
1.Air pollution: We can prefer to avoid old auto who are based on petrol or diesel to replace CNG gas because the pollution level increases every day. One thing we can share the cab and public transportation to reach at one place. Therefore, fuel is also remaining and pollution decreases. We can also save time and reduce traffic jams. We can also use e-rickshaw which can run on battery. So air pollution reduces. E-rickshaw fare is high as compared to auto fare. So many people think about the fare. Do not think the fare. Think about the nature environment. So we prefer E-rickshaw and who do not pollute the air.
2.Water pollution: Methods of controlling water pollution fall into three general categories: Physical, chemical, and biological. For example, one form of water pollution consists of suspended solids such as fine dirt and dead organisms. These materials can be removed from water by simply allowing the water to sit quietly for a period of time. Thereby allowing the pollutants to settle out, or bypassing the water through a filter.
Chemical reactions are wont to take away pollutants from water. For instance, the addition of alum (potassium aluminum sulfate) and lime (calcium hydroxide) to water results in the formation of a thick, sticky precipitate. When the precipitate begins to settle out, it traps and carries with it solid particles, dead bacterium, and other components of polluted water.
Biological agents can also be used to remove pollutants from water. Aerobic bacteria (those that need oxygen to survive) and anaerobic bacteria (those that do not require oxygen) attack certain chemicals in polluted water and convert them to a harmless form.
1. Practice Responsible Use of Fertilizer, Herbicides, and Pesticides:
- Read and explicitly follow the directions for mixing and use.
- Use organic options whenever possible. Check your local stormwater division for suggestions.
- Don’t leave the unused chemicals exposed to the weather. Dispose of the leftover chemicals and container properly per the product instructions, or check with your local municipality.
- Do not apply near water systems such as wells, streams, lakes, or curb inlets/drains.
2. Filter Runoff: Where stormwater lands in ditches or culverts, a check dam or Ditch Check can be used to filter the runoff. We are preventing sediment pollution and trash from exiting the property. Standing waters such as ponds, trenches, and holding areas can be filtered using Dewatering Products. Where water is pumped into the bag, capturing any sediment and releasing the water.
3. Protect Curb Inlets and Drains:
Water that flows into storm drains and down curb inlets sometimes. It runs directly into streams, rivers, lakes, and other water sources. This makes protective storm drains extremely important because that water to animals and plants but It is also used to supply our drinking water. There are countless products on the market to help filter runoff and protect stormwater drains. Curb guards can be bulky and in the way of cars and pedestrians, but there are invisible traffic-friendly Curb Guard options, too. Drain guards can go over or under the 200-300 lb drain grate, but the Taurus Over Grate Drain Filter is safer and easier to use.
4. Capture and Dispose of Floating Pollution in Waterway:
Floating pollution can be contained and retrieved relatively easy with a floating boom. Boom is designed to act as a barrier for floating water pollution. Depending on how you install the boom, you can either contain, deflect, or exclude floating debris. From trash or seaweed to oil, there are booms to control almost any floating pollutant into a manageable area for disposal. There are Many Ways to Use Boom, but they generally fall under one of two categories: Debris Boom and Oil Boom.
3. Sound pollution: Sound pollution is the presence of intrusive and unnecessary sounds that can seriously influence human mental and physical health. So we can control the sound.
Effect of noise pollution:
Noise pollution can take a severe toll on human health in the long run. These effects will not become apparent immediately, but there could be repercussions later on. Noise pollution can affect human and animal both. So we take a solution to this problem.
- The most immediate impact is that the deterioration of mental health. As an example, people who are living too close to airports. This will probably be quite jumpy. Continuous noise can create panic episodes in a person. It can even increase frustration levels. Also, noise pollution is a big detergent in focusing the mind on a particular task. Over time, the mind may just lose its capacity to concentrate on things.
- Another immediate effect of noise pollution is the deterioration of the ability to hear things clearly. Even on a short-term basis, noise pollution can cause temporary deafness. But if the noise pollution continues for a long period of time, there is a danger that the person might go permanently deaf.
- Noise pollution also takes a toll on the heart. It is observed that the rate at which heart pumps blood increases. When there is a constant stimulus of noise pollution. This could lead to side-effects like elevated heartbeat frequencies, palpitations, breathlessness, and the like, which may even culminate into seizures.
- Noise pollution can cause dilation in the pupils of the eye, which could interfere in ocular health in the later stages of life.
Trees have been established to be effective in reducing noise levels within urban settings, around major highways. We stay even at the places. Therefore, numerous plants and trees in an area mean less noise pollution. In addition to that, trees have various aesthetic advantages and improve air quality. So we plant trees as much you grow the plants. So the greenhouse effect change and reduce diseases. We save plants not cut plants because it gives more carbon dioxide and reduces oxygen. So, We plant trees as more you want to take fresh air.
2. Improve your insulation
Insulation measures are some of the basic and most practical ways to reduce noise pollution at home. It’s an art of soundproofing which helps in blocking the sound vibrations and noise. By improving insulation it means installing soundproofing materials on the walls, ceiling and even on the floor. The use of double-pane windows can also aid in absorbing noise.
3. Turn off the electronic or reduce the volume
Game systems, computers, Hi-fi systems, and televisions can contribute to noise pollution when on high volumes. The solution is to turn them off when not in use. We also keep them on moderate volume to reduce noise pollution. Besides, by turning them off you’ll also be saving electricity costs. We can hear the normal volume level as your ear can adjust. If you can not use electronic devices then we turn off the devices.
4.Close the windows
By simply closing the windows, We can reduce the amount of noise entering into our homes and buildings. It keeps away unwanted sound. The best thing to do is to only open windows during the quitter times of the day, most probably late in the evenings.
5. Be creative with the office or house layout.
One way to reduce noise in the house or in an office setting is getting innovative with the general layout. For instance, noisy machines can be situated in areas that are not close to the sitting/resting or working areas.
Youth as power:
The digitalization of cities is going to enter a boom phase. With more and more technology It being integrated into development and construction. It is imperative for technically driven youngsters to take up positions. Its responsibilities in the projects to make interactions and dealings in a better and efficient manner.
Growth opportunities would be immense in smart cities. As more and more construction, manufacturing and managerial workplaces are set up. The need for jobs and chances of growth would keep on increasing as more and more projects are slated to be launched. With each new project, opportunities to grow and prosper would also rise.
The image is taken from the third party.