The information technology (IT) ministry has launched “CHUNAUTI” – Next Generation Startup Challenge Contest, to further boost startups and software products. The primary focus of this challenge are Tier-II towns of India.
CHUNAUTI is looking to identify and support the solutions which can support government, industries and public at large for their seamless operations and enabling them to face the varied difficulties and bottlenecks during and post-pandemic situation.
The government has earmarked Rs 95.03 crore for a period of three years to fund CHUNAUTI. It aims to identify 300 startups working in the identified areas and provide them seed fund of up to Rs 25 lakh.
These startups will also receive incubation facilities, mentorship, security testing facilities, networking opportunities and industry connect, access to venture capitalist funding as well as advisories in legal, human resource (HR), IPR and patent matters.
The contest will focus on startups in the following areas of work:
1. Edu-Tech, Agri-Tech & Fin-Tech Solutions for masses
2. Supply Chain, Logistics & Transportation Management
3. Infrastructure & Remote monitoring
4. Medical Healthcare, Diagnostic, Preventive & Psychological Care
5. Jobs & Skilling, Linguistic tools & technologies
The startups submiiting the proposal can be in any of the following stages:
1. Ideation Stage : An individual or a team has an idea which they would like to turn ino a business.
2. Prototype Stage : A prototype or a validated-proof of prototype exists.
3. Pre-revenue Stage : The product has been validated and the startup needs support in establishing itself as a business.
4. Revenue Stage : The startup has initial revenue from customers and needs support in scaling its business.
The last date for the submission of application is 7thSeptember 2020. The results will be announced on 28thSeptember 2020. The application for participating in the competition can be found here.